Monday, August 24, 2009

Shahi Paneer

Shahi Paneer
Hello! friends... How about having a restaurant style Shahi Paneer in your dinner menu?? I always loved this dish very much and I was always in search of a easy way to prepare it and at last I tried in my own way and believe me it came out much more tastier than that of the restaurant's where I visited last time. (And I am not boasting..:-)). So I strongly recommend this dish to all my friends. It is a perfect side dish with Chapatti or Naan.


Ingredients:

250 gms paneer (cut into cubes)
1/2 cup curd
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Cashew paste
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 Onion (grated)
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 cardamom
2 Cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp roasted fenugreek powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp hot (tikha) red chilli powder
Salt (as per taste)
1 tsp.Sugar
1 tsp Butter
Fresh cream for garnishing

Method:

1. Cut paneer into cubes. Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry paneer cubes in medium flame.

2. Heat oil in a pan. Add cardamom, cinnamon stick and bay leaves and fry them. Now add onion paste and gingergailc paste and fry for a couple of minute. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and fenugreek powder. Add little water and fry the masala until oil gets separated from it.

3. Add beaten curd, tomato sauce, cashew nut paste and salt. Stir well and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes. Now add paneer pieces, garam masala, milk and sugar and stir again. Cover the pan and let it cook for another 6 minute in medium flame. When the gravy becomes little thick , turn off the flame and add butter in that.
Garnish with fresh cream and serve with Roti or Naan.


Shahi Paneer Recipe






24 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Woww tempting and droolworthy Shahi Paneer..

Nithya said...

Wow this looks reach and creamy.. yummm the paneer is.. I am sure to fall in love with this one. :) Nice recipe. I have bookmarked it right away.

Sushma Mallya said...

Looks Rich and yummy...nice click and loved the cream on top:)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow thats Looking so rich and creamy... Drooling here

dsdsds said...

you made it sound so easy Sunanda.. I always thought that to impart authentic taste, its a hard work.. Your look so creamy and delicious

chakhlere said...

Wow!! Thats a amazing recipe!!
Looks yumy!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

looks really good...

Unknown said...

looks rich and creamy..

Indian Khana said...

Yummm....shahi paneer looks yummy....u r making us drool

Pari Vasisht said...

great! I am feeling really hungry, this curry looks gorgeous.

Vikis Kitchen said...

Shahi paneer ..the name itself takes me to a high end restaurant:)
It looks so perfect dear. Thanks for sending this to the event.

Indrani said...

The curry looks really shahi....great,Sunanda

Indrani said...

Hey Sunanda, where is ur entry for my event..bengalis are not eating fish or what?

Hari Chandana P said...

Shahi paneer looks sooo delicious... wonderful click!!

indosungod said...

Sunanda I tried this recipe but substiting eggplants for the paneer and it came out wonderful. Thanks.

passionforlife said...

Wow! that looks yummy!! But just curious, wont milk curdle when you add it with curd? Well, I am just a cooking moron!! So curious!

Shilpa

Sunanda said...

Thanka all of you for liking the recipe..
@ shilpa.. you have to add milk at last before turnig off the flame then milk will not curdle I think as In my case it didnt happened..

Unknown said...

You have nice blog here Sunanda...the Paneer Recipes are really good...

anu said...

haiii
wen do i add my tomato

Sri said...

Dear Sunanda, wonderful recipie, of so many recipies i surfed on the internet this is the best i found. Have made this 4-5 times, and everytime it gets better.
Thanks for sharing this gourmet ambrosia with all of us :)

Unknown said...

thanks for the wonderful recipe

Prathima said...

tried your shahi paneer recipe..as you said..it is better than some restaurant shahi paneer.
it tasted heavenly..though i made some small changes.
I added some boiled peas to add some veggie..and did not have kassori methi on hand so skipped adding it. and also did not add sugar..
thank you for a wonderful recipe!!

Yebhi Coupons said...

Yesterday my wife prepared it for me
Wow what a recipe..I loved it
Thanks for Sharing ;-)

Easy Indian Recipes said...

Hi! Your shahi paneer recipe was nominated as one of the "Best Shahi Paneer Recipes on the Net". To vote for it, please visit http://easyindianrecipes.org/side-dish-recipes/best-shahi-paneer-recipes-on-the-net-vote-for-your-favorite/ - your recipe is positioned at #135 (random order).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin